Post by lucius on Nov 24, 2022 0:00:48 GMT
The main feature for the version 0.93 build of The Force Engine is the Save System - and Quick Saves.
Most of the game and level state is serialized, so that games can be saved and then later continued. It tracks the “Agent” data, which can be reconstructed if needed, so that you can continue the game, abort and play as normal. The original lives/checkpoint system is still there, the save system preserves that data and does not interfere with the core game systems. Using saves and quicksaves is an optional feature and can be completely ignored if desired.
When the game is saved, metadata is preserved - such as the time and date, a small screenshot, the name of the level, and all mods being used. Using this, it is possible to directly load a save even if you were playing a mod, the system will automatically load the same zips and gobs.
* Save System / Quicksaves
* Fixed a “random” crash caused by invalid addressing in the sound system.
* Fixed an issue with level progress not being preserved if you exited immediately after completing a level.
* Fixed pitch issues with turrets, they should look much more accurate now.
* Fixed mouse speed issues with the in-game menus.
* Improved the responsiveness of the PDA menu.
* And many other minor fixes.