by request of lucius I am here documenting some bugs that I've noticed from the videos he's released. There is one bug I will still list that I will say should be fixed as of September 18 2021.
- Player takes no health damage when their shields are below 50 points, and the super shield protecting the player from health damage: FIXED - lucius already fixed this and as shown in the weapons video, the player does take health damage now when under 50 points
- Health damage flashes too fast when taking major damage, like falling. Shown when falling into the gas filled chamber where the player has to plant the sequencers charges in Robotics
- Sequencer Charge's texture animation cycles way too fast.
- Imperial Repeater / Autogun fires a tad too fast. Somewhere in between DF's and JK's fire speed. FIXED
- Fusion Cutter goes back to it's first barrel after firing the 4th shot, rather than start firing in reverse order. FIXED
- Assault Cannon also fires a tad too fast when holding the FIRE key.
These are all I noticed in the videos and some I have mentioned to lucius on the Discord. A couple I forgot to but still I wrote them down here. I'll try to keep this updated as best I can.
Thank you datmaxnub. I have noticed that some switches animate too fast, another example is the switch that turns on the fan (the one I looked at in the video but didn't turn on, in order to show the sector damage and gas mask).
As for the weapons, the Fusion Cutter barrel order has been fixed.
I need to go over the animation timing again for the Repeater/Cannon.
I will also look at the damage flash timing again.
Disclaimer: I did this on my own. I do not recommend anyone to compile their own build expecting the complete package. I just wanted to play around and see what needs to be done, as well as catch any bugs. Some of the bugs I'll post here should be fixed by the time an official release of the game loop.
- Gromas Mines' cliffside near the elevator into the facility has a HOM when you look up.
- Detention Center's tram does not move entirely. Only the ground moves. The commando on the tram will not move with it. But the player can ride their way no problem. FIXED
- Certain textures do not render correctly as mid textures adjoined to another sector when there are top and/or bottom textures, looking squished. Noticeable with the grate cover in the elevator shaft and the destructible wall in the hallway leading to a red lit lift near the beginning of the detention center itself. FIXED
- Shield pickups seem to have collision with player Thermal Detonators and tend to block them to a certain height. Mortars don't seem to be effected
- Mines will trigger through closed doors when the player is in their proximity.
- Player slides on rotating sectors which may end up pushing them off. Best observed with Fuel Stations rotating sector area.
- Probe Droid explosions have a very small radius. It pretty much has to be on the player or any enemy actor to cause damage.
- LAIMLAME does not give the player full invulnerability. It does however protect the player from any shield damage. All damage relating to health is completely ignored and the player can still be killed.
- LAREDLITE does not work. Putting in the cheat does not show the message and the enemy ai remains active.
- Auto aim kicks in even when enemies aren't in the player's view. The player may end up locked on to an enemy obstructed by the scenery and not be able to attack at their intended target. More testing needed, but works as intended
- Doors/gates/elevators do not "crush" corpses. They will return to their "open" positions. This makes the gate the player can use in Ramsees Hed as a bridge to access some items impossible to bring back. The sector will collide with the corpse and raise back up. On DOS the sector will continue to lower even if the corpse is there, crushing and removing the corpse from the world. Elevators are fixed. Need to try regular doors
- Enemies tend to be thrusted upwards when they get hit by gunfire. The player can juggle them and keep them in the air with continuous fire until death, not unlike Devil May Cry juggling in a sense. FIXED
- Player is prevented from jumping out of the window with the rotating bridge. They collide with the tiny gap in between while it's moving and blocks them. This also halts the sector for a bit before it returns to its former position. The player no longer takes crushing damage however they can still be blocked from jumping out of the revolving bridge window in Talay.
- Concussion rifle fire sprite should be blue. Only happens in darker areas in Nar Shaddaa. FIXED
- In regards with the Phase 1 AI, they're very keen to run into walls endlessly rather than roam around when the player is not in view. The player can exploit this easily on Imperial City. Using any of the walls to obstruct its vision while chasing will cause this to occur. May also regard with the above video of Phase 1s teleporting.
- Assault Cannon Missiles and Missile Packs can not be picked up. On the full automap (with LACDS) they appear as yellow, rather than blue like all the other items. FIXED
- So Jabba's Ship will crash when I grab My Gear and this is the error message I get as shown in the picture
- Also having LADATA on and going to the next level causes the game to crash.
- Also a minor thing but LADATA doesn't reset its secrets counter. So getting 100% secrets in the last level will show 100% secrets in the next
- Enemies can fit through any sector that the player can only pass through by crouching/crawling. May also be related to another issue where flying enemies can "clip" through the ceiling. Making them incredibly hard to hit, as their hit box is now in the ceiling.
I've just been keeping up with what I've found. This thread does go all the way back to watching the original videos and the builds I compiled myself just to play around with. This is just a me thing though.